Cubemen 2 was announced a long time ago for the Nintendo Wii U (including other indie titles) and it’s finally reaching the eShop next month. From September 4, the game will be available for USD$7.99 / €7.99 / £6.99 / AUD$10.49 in the North American, European and Australian regions.
This will be also the first cross-platform multiplayer game on any Nintendo system where you will be able to play and share levels with PC, Linux, Mac and iOS players. This fast-paced strategy game already features over 8000 user-generated levels and it’s easy to see that the game’s main feature is its replay value.
Cubemen 2 can be also played offline, being able to download the levels to play later.
As announced on the Nintendo Games Site, these are the main features of the game:
- Cubemen 2 offers enough variety to satisfy everyones strategy gaming desires.
- Five outstanding game modes including CTF, Territory and Rescue!
- Customisable unit skins… Play as Cowboys, Knights or even Luchadores!
- Built in Level Editor to play and share your own levels
- Customisable level themes… Choose from over 20 styles
- No static towers. Move your Cubemen around the level and attack or defend at will
- Campaign modes where you compete against others for a global ranking
- Up to 6 player cross-platform multi-player carnage
- Find new online levels to play with a single click
- Nine specialised unit types including path blockers, mines and freeze lightning
- Real 3D levels with Teleporters, Healing Stations and #oating platforms
- Online ranking for all game modes
- Teams and individual multi-player games against Humans, AI or both!
- Clean, rich and simplistic visuals that keep the focus on the strategy