Mitra-Buddha is a level 82 god of the Fury race in Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and was reborn thanks to Inanna. You will be required to defeat him in the Cosmic Egg to progress with the main story of the game.
This guide teaches you a strategy to easily defeat him.
How To Beat Mitra-Buddha in Shin Megami Tensei 4: Apocalypse
Where to get effective armor to battle Mitra-Buddha
Mitra-Buddha uses physical, ice and almighty skills.
Unfortunately, there are no shops that sell upper-body armor that resists/nulls/repels both physical and ice attacks. The most you will get are :
- Armor that repels physical attacks.
- Armor that has good resistance to physical attacks.
- Armor that has good resistance to ice attacks.
Nibelungen is an upper-body armor that repels physical attacks and is sold at the Members-Only Club at Ginza’s Shopping District (not the black market in the underground district / it’s one of the areas out of the 3 in Ginza).
Skills Mitra-Buddha uses :
- Severe Judgement (almighty attack, hits all enemies)
- Hades Blast (heavy physical skill, hits all enemies)
- Bufudyne (heavy ice skill, one target)
- Berserker God (heavy physical skill, one target)
- Critical Eye (next attack will be a critical hit)
- Dekaja (removes stat buffs on enemies)
- Skill that prevents you from recovering from stat debuffs
- Skill that removes tetrakarn’s physical skill repelling effect
Mitra-Buddha’s weaknesses :
He is weak against fire and force skills, blocks dark and light skills, and has resistance against physical and ice skills. He has an auto-activated skill known as Self-righteous vow which activates whenever he is hit by his weakness.
The strategy for defeating him
Do NOT use skills that he is weak against. His self-righteous skill will automatically be activated and all of his stats will increase each time he is hit by his weakness, therefore avoid it.
Instead, use skills that lower his attack/defense, hit/evade rate, etc (eg. Debilitate).
He will ask you questions :
During the battle, he will ask you two questions where you have choices to make.
1st question: He will ask you to form a contact with him to find true peace.
The choices :
- Form a contract (assist gauge decreases and you get stunned)
- Don’t form a contract (assist gauge increases)
- Ignore him (nothing might happen)
2nd question: Next, he will ask what you will use your strength for.
The choices :
- For myself
- For my friends (assist gauge might increase)
- Ignore him (nothing happens)
The moment he turns red when you highlight him to attack, if you have all of your actions for the turn and your party is filled with teammates who have skills which he is weak against, now would be the perfect time to use them. Although his stats start increasing and you notice your attacks are doing less damage, the extra turns from exploiting his weakness and the smirk perks will guarantee his defeat.