There are countries that do not support 3DS game downloads from the Nintendo eShop. If you were planning to make a majority of your purchases online and you live in one of these countries, don’t worry – your luck has not ran out. It is possible as of this date to purchase or download full 3DS games or demos from the eShop, even if your current region eShop does not allow it. Oh, and this tutorial shows you how.
How To Buy or Download 3DS Games Not Available In One eShop Region :
Step 1 : The first thing to do is turn on your 3DS (that was obvious, was it not?). Next, you have to change the eShop’s region to a region that allows downloads (eg. United States) :
How to change the eShop region :
- Tap on the ‘System Settings’ icon and open it.
- Select ‘Other Settings’, followed by ‘Profile’.
- Choose ’Region Settings’.
- Select a country to switch to, and hit the ‘ok’ button.
- Go back to the home screen of the 3DS and open eShop.
- Agree to the terms and that’s it. You now have access to the region’s eShop.
Step 2 : Once that’s all good and done, you can download game demos from the eShop for free. As for purchasing digital content, you will be required to add funds to your eShop account. I’ve tried it before and it works.
How To Add Funds To A Nintendo 3DS eShop Account :
- First thing to do is turn on the Nintendo 3DS.
- Next, open the eShop.
- Scroll to the left and find the option that says, “Add Funds”.
- Select the payment option that you wish to use.
- Enter the details that the eShop requests and follow the instructions carefully.
Important : you might want to read up first about how Nintendo charges credit and debit cards with every eShop purchase even if the money transfer fails due to incorrect address. To be on the safe side, I will recommend that you use 3DS eShop cards when purchasing digital content from other eShop regions.