The good ol’ SMT fans who were wondering when or if Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final would have gotten a North American release date now have a bit of good news. I say ‘a bit’ since we have not received a solid release date as of yet, however, we do know a time when to expect the game’s arrival. Unfortunately, there is still no word for European 3DS owners.
Atlus revealed today that the game will hit shelves (both virtually on the eShop and physically at retailers) in summer 2016.
In addition, an announcement teaser has been revealed which you can watch below :
The game will feature :
- The Eternal Struggle Between Gods – you must decide between peace and anarchy while being a pawn in the gods’ game of Chess.
- Partner Up for Success – a new twist of the SMTIV combat formula will let you bring one of seven partners to the battlefield. Therefore, you’ll have them fighting alongside you in addition to the 3 demons you could tag along during battle.
- Demons Aplenty – with over 450 demons to fight against, fuse or recruit, it’s surely going to be a blast.
- Fuse For Affinities – we all know about demon fusions. Fuse two demons to make a more powerful one. Now they have affinities for certain skills to help you on your journey more.
- The return of Press Turns and Smirking, which were already introduced in previous titles. Exploiting enemy weaknesses will result in an extra turn while the smirking system gives the player’s party offensive and defensive boosts.
Some screenshots have also been revealed which can be seen below :
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse is said to offer 60+ hours of gameplay and will be priced at $49.99 US / CA$64.99.